Friday, August 01, 2008













Guess what I've been doing all day?! Revising an old pattern -
my Granny Square Jacket pattern. I wrote the pattern about 10 yrs.
ago and recently designed a custom-made GS Jacket for a special customer in France who is now my cyber-friend! Ann wanted the jacket to be fitted and have a hood and ribbed cuffs. After posting pics on the Internet, I had requests for the pattern. I have revised the original GS Jacket pattern to include instructions for adding a hood and ribbed cuffs on the sleeves and on the bottom of the jacket. I think this will be a popular pattern because it's such a versatile design. You can do so many different things with it, such as make the back a solid color, make the hood solid or striped, add buttons or a zipper to the front, leave the hood and cuffs off, use different color schemes or different background colors. I think an off-white background would be stunning (meaning use off-white for the final round on each square). Or red! Or brown, tan, burgundy, navy, plum as shown above..... so many choices!
The pattern is written for M/L and XL/2X.
To make the XS Ann is wearing, just use sport weight yarn and a size G hook. I did 4 rounds on her squares, because she wanted as much color as possible (3 rounds of color and 1 round black for the background color). This is a fun, portable, easy project that will really get you noticed when you wear it this fall!
The top 2 pics are my original GS Jacket I made about 13 yrs. ago. The plum jacket is one I made for a customer about 5 yrs. ago. The next two pics have the hood and cuffs added to my old jacket. The pretty lady is Ann, originally from England now living in France.

3 comments:

Lady Hands said...

Hi..
This work is so nice and beautiful colors too.
Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

I love the revised version! When is the pattern going to be ready for purchase?

Roberta

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice comments! isewnbake, the pattern is in my Etsy shop. ;)http://shelleden.etsy.com
Thanks - Have a great day!! :D